The quick bio:
The not-so-quick bio:
Christ-follower, displaced Southerner, binary-smasher, PhD dropout, former religious “none”, fly-fishing enthusiast, recovery believer, Sox fan, marriage equality advocate, blogger, Reformed theologian, fantasy football fanatic, church-lover, and spouse of an amazing woman.
How you might have met Heath:
- In the Still Speaking Writers’ Group’s Daily Devotionals, the Huffington Post’s Religion page, Believe Out Loud, Christian Century blogs, and more.
- On the national Board of Directors of the United Church of Christ.
- In the Presbyterian Church (USA) (ordained Minister of Word and Sacrament from 2001-2010, before transferring ordination to the UCC over issues of LGBTQ inclusion).
- As a former trauma and fire department chaplain.
- Working for marriage equality and the full inclusion of LGBTQ people from 1994 until today.
– Knee-deep in a New England trout stream, fly rod in hand.
– Or, standing next to the incomparable Heidi Carrington Heath, wife extraordinaire.