The quick bio:
The Rev. Emily C. Heath is a United Church of Christ minister currently serving as Senior Pastor of the Congregational Church in Exeter, New Hampshire, and a writer and public theologian. Heath’s first book, Glorify: Reclaiming the Heart of Progressive Christianity, is being published by Pilgrim Press in the spring of 2016.
The not-so-quick bio:
Christ-follower, displaced Southerner, binary-smasher, PhD dropout, former religious “none”, ambivert, fly-fishing enthusiast, progressive evangelical, fountain pen devotee, gender non-conformer, heavy lifter, recovery believer, Sox fan, Trinitarian, bow tie aficionado, marriage equality advocate, LEGO lover, prepster not hipster, blogger, Reformed theologian, fantasy football fanatic, 13th generation New Hampshirite, church lover, and spouse of an amazing woman.
How you might have met Heath:
– In the Still Speaking Writers’ Group’s Daily Devotionals, the Huffington Post’s Religion page, Christian Century blogs, and more.
– On the national Board of Directors of the United Church of Christ.
– In the Presbyterian Church (USA) (ordained Minister of Word and Sacrament from 2001-2010, before transferring ordination to the UCC over issues of LGBTQ inclusion).
– As a former trauma and fire department chaplain.
– Working for marriage equality and the full inclusion of LGBTQ people from 1994 until today
– Knee-deep in a New England trout stream, fly rod in hand.
– Or, standing next to the incomparable Heidi Carrington Heath, wife extraordinaire.