The quick bio:
The Rev. Dr. Emily C. Heath is a United Church of Christ minister currently serving as Pastor of the Congregational Church in Exeter, New Hampshire, and a writer and public theologian. Heath’s first book, Glorify: Reclaiming the Heart of Progressive Christianity, was published by Pilgrim Press in the spring of 2016. Their most recent book is Courageous Faith: How to Rise and Resist in a Time of Fear.
How you might have met Heath:
– In the Still Speaking Writers’ Group’s Daily Devotionals, the Huffington Post’s Religion page, the Christian Century, and more.
– As a former member of the national Board of Directors of the United Church of Christ.
– In the Presbyterian Church (USA) (ordained Minister of Word and Sacrament from 2001-2010, before transferring ordination to the UCC over issues of LGBTQ inclusion).
– As a current law enforcement chaplain, and former trauma and fire department chaplain.
– Working for marriage equality and the full inclusion of LGBTQ people from 1994 until today
– Knee-deep in a New England trout stream, fly rod in hand.
– Or, standing next to the incomparable Heidi Carrington Heath, wife extraordinaire.